- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medals
Given the changing nature of political focus and the recession, the CMA is placing a strong focus on realigning priorities in advocacy.
The CMA holds regular meetings with key officials, including the Minister of Canadian Heritage, department officials and members of Parliament and the Senate. Meetings are also held with members of opposition parties.
The CMA has made formal presentations before the House of Commons Finance Committee on budget consultations and is consulted regularly on key issues affecting museums in Canada, including proposed amendments to the Copyright Act.
June 2016 – Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage: The State of Canadian Museums.
Read the CMA recommendations to the Committee.
July 2012 - Funding Cuts to Parks Canada and the National Archival Development Program
Read CMA's letters to Federal Ministers James Moore and Peter Kent
For more information:
Consult our archive of media releases.
Director of Programs and Public Affairs