- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medals
The CMA holds regular meetings with key officials, including the Minister of Canadian Heritage, department officials and members of Parliament and the Senate. Meetings are also held with members of opposition parties.
The CMA has made formal presentations before the House of Commons Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage and to the Standing Committee on Finance for budget consultations, and is consulted regularly on key issues affecting museums in Canada.
June 2017 — Government of Manitoba
The CMA made a submission to the Government of Manitoba in response to a consultation on the development of a new cultural policy for the province. Our submission tied some of our current initiatives to questions raised in the government’s discussion paper
The submission is available here.
You can read the discussion paper here.
June 2016 – Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage: The State of Canadian Museums.
Read the CMA recommendations to the Committee.
July 2012 - Funding Cuts to Parks Canada and the National Archival Development Program
Read CMA's letters to Federal Ministers James Moore and Peter Kent
For more information:
Consult our archive of media releases .
Director of Programs and Public Affairs