♦ About the Awards
♦ Which Award? Flow chart
♦ Past Winners
♦ Contact & FAQs
♦ Awards of Outstanding Achievement
♦ Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
♦ Fellows of the CMA
♦ Barbara A. Tyler
Award in Museum Leadership
♦ Dr. Shirley L. Thomson
Young Curators Award
♦ History Alive! Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums
♦ ICOM Canada’s International Achievement Award
Awards for Volunteers
♦ Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers
♦ Museum Volunteer Award, presented by the Canadian Federation of Friends of Museums
This CMA award was established in 2006 to recognize the accomplished career of a dedicated museum professional to the Canadian museum sector.
Nomination is open to all members of the Canadian museum community — including volunteers, board members, supporters, as well as employees — who have contributed long and distinguished service and have been dedicated to the advancement of museums in Canada. They need not necessarily be a member of the CMA.
November 15 each year.
Each nominee must have done the following:
- Worked in one or more Canadian museum(s) as defined by the CMA, or in a provincial or national association organized to support the museum profession and the advancement of museums.
- Worked for a significant number of years in, or for, the Canadian museum community.
- Demonstrated excellence in their contributions to the functioning or advancement of Canadian museums.
Each nominee must be sponsored by three Canadian museum professionals, including at least one who is a member of the CMA in good standing.
You simply have to complete and submit the nomination form to email@example.com. The form requires the following information:
- A statement, no longer than 300 words, which explains why the nominee merits the award and how they meet the required criteria.
- A full résumé of the nominee's career.
- You may provide web links or hyperlinks for any other relevant documentation
Nomination Form — PDF Nomination Form — Word