♦ About the Awards
♦ Which Award? Flow chart
♦ Past Winners
♦ Contact & FAQs
♦ Awards of Outstanding Achievement
♦ Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
♦ Award of Distinguished Service
♦ Fellows of the CMA
♦ Barbara A. Tyler
Award in Museum Leadership
♦ Dr. Shirley L. Thomson
Young Curators Award
♦ History Alive! Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums
Awards for Volunteers
♦ Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers
♦ Museum Volunteer Award, presented by the Canadian Federation of Friends of Museums
ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award honours a Canadian museum professional who has demonstrated and promoted excellence in Canadian museology on an international scale. This award recognizes the outstanding contribution of knowledge and expertise towards the advancement and support of museology worldwide.
To be eligible for this award, the nominee must be an ICOM member in good standing and must have worked in a Canadian institution. An ICOM member who is familiar with the nominee's achievements must make the nomination.
November 15 each year.
Each nominee must have done the following:
- Played a significant role in putting Canadian museums on the world stage.
- Developed and supported international cooperation, collaboration, and partnerships.
- Contributed to the expansion of links between Canadian and international museums.
- Fostered and promoted Canadian museology internationally.
You simply have to complete and submit the nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The form requires the following information:
Nomination Form — PDF Nomination Form — Word
- A nomination statement, max 500 words.
- An explanation that clearly states how the nominee meets the criteria, max 750 words.
- A curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Please provide links or hyperlinks for any relevant support material presenting the nominee's international work.
Visit ICOM Canada's web site (click here).