RBC Foundation Museum Mentorship
The Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) Foundation Museum Mentorship program provides structured mentoring to emerging museum professionals developing relevant work experience and promoting future employment success. It is administered by the Canadian Museums Association (CMA) with the generous financial support of the RBC Foundation’s Emerging Artists Program. Museum Mentorship funds internship two positions for emerging professionals with CMA member organizations where participants are matched with a qualified museum mentor.
With a specialized focus on mentorship for Indigenous students and graduates, participants must be ages 18 to 35, and have enrolled in programs related to museum studies, curatorship, conservation, or arts administration.
Thank you to our supporter:
We are not currently accepting applications for this program. Please check back.
Previous RBC Foundation Museum Mentorship recipients’ organizations were:
- 2019: Markham Museum (Markham, ON)
- 2019: Art Gallery of Burlington (Burlington, ON)
- 2018: Contemporary Art Gallery (Vancouver, BC)
- 2018: Museum of Vancouver (Vancouver, BC)
- 2016: Nova Scotia Museum (Halifax, NS)
- 2016: Saint Mary’s University Art Gallery (Halifax, NS)
- 2015: The Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies (Banff, AB)
- 2015: The National Music Centre (Calgary, AB)
The RBC Foundation previously supported a similar program, the RBC Museum Internship for Emerging Professionals. The CMA is pleased to have worked with the following institutions to offer other career-launching experiences for emerging museum professionals:
- 2014: Art Gallery of Mississauga (Mississauga, ON)
- 2014: York Region District School Board Museum & Archives (Markham, ON)
- 2013: Yukon Arts Centre (Whitehorse, YT)
- 2013: Yukon Historical & Museums Association (Whitehorse, YT)
- 2012: Diefenbunker, Canada's Cold War Museum (Carp, ON)
- 2012: Canadian Conservation Institute (Ottawa, ON)
- 2011: Museum London (London, ON)
- 2011: Fanshawe Pioneer Village (London, ON)
- 2010: The Rooms Corporation: Provincial Museum Division (St. John's, NL)
- 2010: Museum Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (St. John's, NL)
- 2009: Art Gallery of Ontario (Toronto, ON)
About the RBC Foundation
The RBC Foundation Museum Mentorship program is generously funded through the RBC Emerging Artists Project stream of the RBC Foundation. For more information about other community initiatives of the RBC Foundation, please click here .