- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medals
CMA Blog Editorial Guidelines
About the CMA
The Canadian Museums Association (CMA) works for the recognition, growth and stability of the Canadian museum sector. We provide our nearly 2,000 members with training and professional development programs, conferences, publications, networking opportunities, a body of knowledge and a dedicated National Secretariat staff.
We want our blog to be an informative platform to learn about the Canadian museum sector from the perspective of staff, museum professionals and friends of museums.
Our target audience includes: CMA members, Canadian and international museum professionals, and friends of museums.
We encourage blog posts from CMA National Secretariat staff, museum professionals and friends of museums. We also encourage:
- The use of videos, photos, charts, screenshots and other visual content.
- Tools that our readers can use, such as a step-by-step guide or a checklist.
- Posts (500 – 1,200 words) written for easy online reading (short sentences, break up large blocks of text with headings, bullet your major points and use subheadings).
- The use of links to external content that supports the content goals and criteria listed above.
Submission and Review Process
We review submitted content within two weeks (faster if possible and for time-sensitive content). If revisions are required, a draft will be returned to the author with comments to be reviewed before posting. To accommodate this process, please submit your post at least two weeks before the targeted posting date.
Commenting and Social Sharing
We encourage readers and guest bloggers to engage in conversations and share their thoughts in the comments section and on social media as often as possible.
What to Send with Your Article Submission
- Bio: your bio should be no more than 50 words.
- Social Media: send your relevant social networks you wish to share.
- Cover Image: send a high-resolution, thematically related image (e.g., a photo, a chart, a screenshot or a piece of art). Images must be royalty-free (or in the public domain/available as part of Creative Commons), or you hold the copyright. If the image requires creator credit, please provide the necessary sourcing information. If you do not provide an image, we will provide one for you.