Award of Distinguished Service
The Award of Distinguished Service recognizes significant contributions by individuals to the Canadian museum sector throughout the course of their careers.
Nomination is open to all members of the Canadian museum community — including volunteers, board members, supporters, as well as employees — who have contributed long and distinguished service and have been dedicated to the advancement of museums in Canada. They need not necessarily be a member of the CMA.
November 15 each year.
Each nominee must have done the following:
- Worked in one or more Canadian museum(s) as defined by the CMA, or in a provincial or national association organized to support the museum profession and the advancement of museums.
- Worked for 20 years or more in, or for, the Canadian museum community.
- Demonstrated excellence in their contributions to the functioning or advancement of Canadian museums.
- Made significant contributions to the Canadian museum sector.
- Known for their expertise.
- Been a model in the museum community.
Each nominee must be sponsored by three Canadian museum professionals, including at least one who is a member of the CMA in good standing.
To nominate, complete the form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination must include the following information:
- A statement, no longer than 300 words, which explains why the nominee merits the award and how they meet the required criteria.
- A letter of support from each of the three nominators.
- A full résumé of the nominee's career.
- You may provide web links or hyperlinks for any other relevant documentation.
Nomination Form — PDF
Nomination Form — Word